My son owns a few sets of LEGO. They are not the Technics or motorized sets. I’ve just done a quick test to see if a motor taken out from a broken DVD player can motorize our LEGO.
The material required: (a) a DC motor taken out from a DVD drive or player, (b) a battery box, (c) some blu tack and (d) a rubber band. It is better to have a switch if there is not a built-in one in the battery box.
Step 1 – Fix the motor in a LEGO structure. It is almost impossible to build a container that fits the motor perfectly. I used some blu tack to fill the space and kept the motor in place.
Step – 2 Fix the battery box. Same as fixing the motor, I also used some blu tack to stick it on the LEGO blocks.
Step 3 – Don’t forget to make the ON/OFF switch accessible.
Step 4 – Build the transmission system by the rubber band.
Step 5 – Connect the wires.
Step 6 – Build the motorized LEGO car. My son played the major role in this part. There’re two operators on board.
<sorry that the video is a bit blur>
Other Daddiest Posts